Our speaker registration is now open for Kansas Linux Fest 2019! If you are interested in being a speaker, jump to the registration form.
Even if you have never presented a topic at an event like KLF, you are still welcome (and encouraged!) to consider submitting a topic. Many past KLF speakers were first-time presenters and aided in bringing topic diversity to our humble festival. Please consider helping us to celebrate and spread knowledge of free and open source topics.
Confirmed speakers will have their own biography page containing a brief paragraph about themselves, their talk, and any other relevant links or plugs. Speakers at KLF will be required to submit their presentation material two weeks in advance of the event date. If you have questions or comments about speaking, or your bio page, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of topics are relevant?
Although the name of the conference is Kansas Linux Fest we welcome a wide range of topics for talks and presentations:
- Linux distros and utilities
- Open source software and programming languages
- Linux and POSIX tutorials
- Systems administration, server deployment, and Dev-Ops tutorials
- Cyber-security of open source and POSIX systems
- Open knowledge and education
- Academic papers and new research within open source technologies
- Communities built around open source technology
- Open hardware
- Anything else considered “open”